Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Whatever Gets You Through The Night

Last night at work felt like a lifetime.

It was busy and chaotic, add to that the fact that I was running on minimal sleep and it was a recipe for disaster.

Nocturnal living isn't always what it is cracked up to be.

It was one of those nights when you look in the mirror and the reflection staring back actually looks like it feels sorry for you.

All the coffee in the world couldn't have saved me, but one thing did get me through.

I heard one of the most ridiculous phrases ever uttered, it made no sense at all, but it made me laugh every time it was said.


It was a response to a question delivered by a sweet old Grandma when asked when she would be coming for a visit that went something like this...

Keri: "Hey Granny, when are you going to come visit me already, it's been a while."
Granny: "I have an idea, why don't you sit back on your fist and rev back on your thumb."


What the hell does that even mean?! It doesn't even make any sense!

Who cares really because it was hilarious, even just thinking about it right now makes me laugh.

Of course, the delivery of that line had something to do with it, thank God my friend Keri is funny...REALLY funny!

I'm all about the funny, if you can genuinely make me laugh then you've got my respect. It is the one thing in this world that I cherish above all other things.

Laughter brings joy and love and comfort and all the goodness in people.

Keri is effortless when it comes to making people laugh, she was born naturally funny and I appreciate that oh so much.

It makes a stressful work environment more tolerable.

I thank my lucky stars that I have been given the gift of my co-workers. Every one of them holds a special place in my heart for different reasons. I could not ask for better people to get me through the night.






No comments:

Post a Comment