Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

My birthday was on Sunday. It snuck in quietly, that is how its done in our adult life I suppose.

I got the obligatory presents from the family which are always nice, but what I took away from the day was the gift of love.

Love from the people in my life.

It might sound hokey, but I am truly blessed to be surrounded by the beautiful people in my little place in this world.

It was a day filled with wonderful sentiments, each taking a moment out of their day to wish me well.

I could not ask for better friends and family.

My family is my heart.

Good Lord, where would I be without them? Even though we are miles apart physically, they are with me every step of the way. They are my insides, my life, my greatest love.

At times, it's glorious disfunction, but I wouldn't want it any other way, because no matter what, the love and respect will always, always see us through.

My friendships fill my soul.

I have many that have spanned decades, they are made of incredible bonds that have withstood the test of time and serve as the blueprints of future unions to come.

Each one of them present in different lights to me and each hold different meaning, but I adore and cherish every one of them until the bitter end.

I am ridiculously lucky to love and be loved by you.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment