Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seriously? Seriously! What Were You Thinking?

A couple days ago I made a "break-up" mix CD to help get over the pain of being a jilted lover.

I thought that I'd feel all empowered by the messages sung along to those catchy beats.

For the most part I guess I did, for I had made a pretty solid list of tracks that would become the soundtrack to my grieving process, with the exception of one misplaced tune.

Sandwiched between "Don't tell me you love me" by Night Ranger and "I hate myself for loving you" By Joan Jett, I foolishly put "I'm all out of love" by Air Supply.

It was a fatal error. Seriously, what was I thinking?!

On the surface that song could not be more benign, it seems like a perfect choice, right?

Boo Hoo, poor me, I'm all out of love, blah, blah, blah...

Forget the fact that the lyrics are all wrong for a break-up CD, unless you are the one that fucked up in the first place, which for the record I did not AND could they be a little more candy assed?!

Sheesh!

I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
Thinking of you til it hurts
I know you hurt too but what else can we do
Tormented and torn apart


I wish I could carry your smile in my heart
For times when my life feels so low
It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring
When today doesn't really know, doesn't really know


I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
It can't be to late to say that I was so wrong


These lyrics aren't me AT ALL!

Am I tormented and torn apart? Yes, I'll give you that, but I would never lay my head down on the phone, not only is it uncomfortable, it's just stupid!

I'm not really all about carrying that smile around in my heart either, granted it was a nice one, but the mouth that housed those pearly whites said a slew of hurtful things.

As far as "being right," you weren't, but it is never too late to continuously tell me how "so wrong" you were, but we both already know this, so why bother.

No, this song is better suited for someone else, you maybe, but certainly not me.

Ugh, the very sight of those smiling, soft-rocking balladeers makes me angry, what could they possibly know about love?

Next time I'll go with something more along the lines of "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

It may be the most over played, cliche break-up song to have ever been recorded, but damn if it isn't right on.

I apologize Ms. Gaynor, by choosing an Air Supply song over yours, I not only disrespected you, I have disrespected myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment