Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sick It Up

I have spent the better part of my morning tending to a cat with a stomach ache.

I can always tell because she (Lulu) gets very clingy and taps on me with her paw hoping that in some magical way my emergency medical training can cure her of her ills. 

She is an obsessive cleaner, so I know that there is a gigantic hairball just waiting to be expelled. She lets out a very unladylike "MOW" right before she is going to hurl, that is my cue to get a magazine.

Lulu
She wanders around making that gagging sound, preparing for the upchuck. I patiently follow her until she is good and ready before I slide the magazine in front of her in hopes to catch the vomit before it soils my carpet. 

She always barfs in twos, the first one is a small precursor of what's to come. So I wait again, it's a process I tell ya!

Cat owners know that this is just a normal part of life. In a weird way, I am almost envious.

The moment after a good puke, Lulu is right back to her old self again. Playing, eating, sleeping without a care in the world.

I wish that I had the ability to evacuate all that ails me. Just "sick it up" and go about my day.

But mine is an emotional hangover that requires a much longer refractory period.

Que Sera, Sera.


No comments:

Post a Comment