Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friends in Low Places

My Facebook page will superficially show that I have hundreds of so called "friends," but when it comes down to it, I choose to surround myself with an intimate group of people who define the true meaning of the word. Benevolence, favoritism, loyalty...call it what you will, these people fill my heart with unconditional love and support.

From the outside looking in, we could not be more different. Each of us comes from very diverse backgrounds and social stature. If we passed on the street as strangers, chances are our paths would never cross again, but somehow fate brought us together and we live happily in an imperfectly perfect world.

Life could not be more sweet.

These are the people that I'd risk it all for and without a shadow of a doubt know that they would do the same for me. Most of them have seen me at my very worst and still accept me without prejudice. They've picked me up, dried my tears, told me the things that I didn't always want to hear, but sure as shit needed to and held my hand until the sun shone again.

They are the ones who will bring you strawberry pancakes in the middle of the night, just because they were nowhere near an IHOP!

With me they celebrate the best that life has to offer. We share countless stories, the down and dirty ones that only a true friend can appreciate, laugh til it hurts, stop the world when we need one another and occasionally party like rock stars. Sure, there may be a little puke along the way, but I will always hold your hair back as long as you promise to hold mine.

It is a sickly sweet love affair.

I can genuinely say that I am enchanted with each and every one of them. It took me years to find them all and now that I got 'em, I wouldn't trade them now...not ever. I appreciate each of them for exactly who they are and am filled with true affection knowing that they will take me just as I am, quirks and all.

You know who you are and I got nothing but love for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment